Saturday, December 20, 2008

Baby Jesus


There are times when Hallie says the silliest things, but today she was so sweet it literally brought tears to my eyes. We were listening to Christmas music and one of the songs you could really feel the Spirit. So Hallie said she liked the song and I asked her it if it made her feel good inside. She said " Yes, it makes me feel like I want to hold baby Jesus in my heart". It was the sweetest thing to hear her say that. Sometimes I wonder if Hallie really "gets" what I try to teach her because she always acts like she doesn't care. But it's those little moments like that one really validates all of the effort I put into teaching her. And to know that such a little girl can recognize the Spirit is really inspiring to me. It's nice to have little children remind you of what Christmas is really about.

No comments: