Saturday, November 29, 2008

ORGAN DONORS


Are you an organ donor? I am. I realize that not everyone is okay with the idea of being an organ donor and I wonder why. Lately I have heard so many people have a negative view about it and I really don't understand. Ever since the day I got my license at 15, I have been an organ donor. I figure that if someone needs an organ and mine will work for them, why not? Especially after Asher having heart issues. If he needed a heart, I would hope and pray like crazy that we would be able to find a donor's heart for him. Now I know it will never come to that, but the realization of what it would feel like to be so helpless and desperate is enough to make me an organ donor. We donate blood when we are alive. Is it really any different than donating our organs when we are dead? I'm not okay with donating my organs for research, but to save someone else would be the greatest gift to them and their family. I understand if it is a religious belief, if you have diseased organs, or something to that effect if you are not a donor. And I know that not everyone has to be an organ donor, but why the negative viewpoint? What is your opinion?

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I am a firm beleiver in organ donations as well as blood donations. I know it would be so hard to loose a child, but if something were to happen to Patrick I would donate all of his organs that could be donated. If it meant that I spared 1 mother the pain of loosing a child it would all be worth it to me. I also am an organ Donor and the first thing I asked Matt was if he was a donor.