Friday, August 29, 2008

ASHER

Asher is silly. Very rarely do you get a smile out of him. More than half of our pics of him are like this one. No smile, just a silly face. He has two loose teeth right now and he's already lost two other ones. Asher is growing up way too fast! He picked up teasing from Mark and now he has to tease Hallie all of the time. He tries to be sneaky so we can't tell he's teasing, but he doesn't realize he has a smart Mom! Plus Hallie is a tattle tale. I just have to brag for a minute about how smart Asher is. His brain is like a little sponge and he is so eager to learn. He could recite the alphabet by himself before he was 2. He could recognize letters in preschool and not many other kids could. As soon as I taught him to count to 100, he never forgot and kept counting. He loves to write and is actually pretty good at penmanship. His kindergarten teacher is way impressed. I taught him the basics of reading and now he is actually pretty good at reading! He surprises me everyday. I am so proud of his learning accomplishments and he is such a special boy. He really adds a lot of great things to our family. He is so sweet and tender-hearted. My Patriarchal Blessing tells me the importance of my kids and I can totally see that in Asher. We are so blessed to have him as part of our family!

1 comment:

marathon runner said...

he is such a sweet boy, he is so perfect to play football and you know he will be the kid who tackles someone from the other team and then tries to apologize for taking him out